11.11.07

Mort Drucker - Our Army at War 4

- more of previous story.... In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below. We are the Dead. Short days ago We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow, Loved, and were loved, and now we lie In Flanders fields. Take up our quarrel with the foe: To you from failing hands we throw The torch; be yours to hold it high. If ye break faith with us who die We shall not sleep, though poppies grow In Flanders fields.

3 comments:

Lena said...

Greetings!The mility theme in comics-is pleasant to me most of all!!You very well draw!!
Thanks!You have noticed correctily,your opinion is correct!Still-thanks for your comment!

Percy Bysshe said...

Thanks Lena - Although I did not draw these war/ military pages - I wish it was me - the artist's name is Mort Drucker - the stories are from 1958 - he's famous for drawing caricatures in Mad Magazine - he's one of my favorite artists.

Lena said...

hi!Yes,Mort very good artist!I badly know English language,therefore badly at once have understood.At scool I learned German language!At us in Russia it is a lit of and well draw on a military theme.Two my grandfathers were at war against Hitler,and took Reichstag in fascist Berlin.It was in 1945!But me you figures are corrected!I liked your figures!Good bye!